I follow @NatalieJillFit [a lady fitness-guru] on Instagram.
One day Natalie posted a photo and she was sporting these leggings. They caught my attention because I have been looking for leggings that I actually felt comfortable wearing in public. I loved the cargo and back pocket detail. I quickly scanned through the comments in Natalie’s feed and found the pants were made by a Canadian based company, Public Myth. The founder, Kerry Pollock is both a fitness fanatic and fashion designer. Score!
“Bringing to life energized, yet versatile, workout wear with an unexpected edge is Kerry’s passion. Sexy rock n’ roll inspired details expose the adventurous free spirit of the brand – frisky zippers, flirty mesh, raw stitching and badass buttons. Public Myth simply challenges what it means to look good while working out.”
Needless to say I was intrigued. I looked up the leggings on the site and saw they were $119.00. WOW. That is steep. I decided not to buy them right then. For that price, I wanted to be sure these were something I wanted. I typically spend $20-$40 on a pair of pants. $15 is considered a bargain.
Over the next few weeks I checked out the leggings a few more times. I read the reviews. Raves like this kept drawing me back:
These leggings are so comfortable that you hardly feel you’re even wearing them. They give a great shape to your legs and glutes too!
These are my absolute favorite pants ever – they always look wonderful, fitted in the right places but never uncomfortable or need adjusting. Also the best for travel because they’re comfortable but cute and never get that “saggy butt” look. I will have them in every color!
…I love that they don’t get stretched out throughout the day as you wear them. Most cotton leggings give you saggy butt after a couple of hours, but these stay nice and fitted for the entire wear.
About a month after discovering the leggings, I decided to give them a try. When they arrived, I excitedly ripped them out of the bag and immediately tried them on. I looked at myself in the mirror. An audible “OOOOhhh…” slipped out. They were amazing. Everything I read in the reviews was true – they were the most comfortable pants I had ever tried on. They were light, but not too thin, stretched perfectly in all the right places. The pocket size and placement helped me feel like I wasn’t fully exposed as I normally would feel in a pair of leggings. I wanted to dance!
I’m a little embarrassed to say I now wear these pants almost every chance I get. Josh can attest. When I wear them, I feel muscular, toned and sexy.
So here’s my Pro/Con list.
– Amazingly comfortable. I feel limber, light and feel no restrictions.
– No saggy butt! Again, embarrassed to say this, but I’ve worn these for 3-4 days in a row and they still maintained their shape!
– Versatile. They can be worn to a work out, worn comfortably around the house, paired with sneakers or paired with boots and a sweater to be dressed up for a night out on the town.
– Every. Single. Time I wear these in public, I receive compliments. Every time! I’m either told how great I look or how cool the leggings are.
– I feel confident when I wear them.
– They tend to run a size small, so I was able to order down a size and that made me happy. This is important ladies, am-I-right? 😉 I ordered a Small instead of a Medium and they fit me perfectly.
– All fitness garments from Public Myth are designed and manufactured in North America.
– $119.00. Eek. And if you want free shipping, your purchase must be $200.00 and above. Otherwise flat rate shipping is $9.00.
– The ankle openings seemed a little tight. It was most noticeable the first time I put them on, after that I did not notice it as much, but found it is easiest to put them on before putting on socks.
So, these leggings did not change my life, but they have changed my buying patterns. I’m beginning to realize the importance to me of feeling good and looking good in my own clothing. My view is changing. I’d now much rather own 1-2 pants that I know feel great and look great than own 10 pairs that are ‘eh. so-so.’
I’m so happy with these leggings that I purchased a second pair… and they arrive this week. 😉
If you are interested in checking these out for yourself, click here.
Questions: What’s your favorite article of clothing? Why do you enjoy it so much?
Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.